Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Working Girl - Back to the office today!

Mornin'!

The month and a half streak of not working will come to an end today.  Now don't get me wrong, I wasn't completely sitting around on my bum all day doing nothing during this time.  I had pre-wedding prep, the wedding, honeymoon, roadtrip to NC, and getting settled into our new home and new lifestyle of being married.  I was quite busy even without work!  But today is November 1st and I must return to the grind.

The company that I worked for back in Minnesota is AWESOME.  They offered me the opportunity to work virtually for them, doing my same job but here in North Carolina.  I've got this pretty cool set up in our apartment - my very own office!  I keep making the mistake of call the office/guest room 'MY office.'  I have to be careful of the language I use when referencing this room since it is not MINE, it is OURS, but it just so happens to be the space where I will work each day.


So this morning I woke up at 6am, had my morning coffee and oatmeal, and then got ready for the day.  I haven't had to get ready for the day in a long time!  Well, I do it on Sunday's since we have church, but other than that I've really had nowhere to be and no reason to get ready first thing in the morning!  After that I had some time to make sure that all systems are a go - and it turns out I'm having phone and outlook issues : (  You'd think that in the three weeks we've been in NC I'd have wouldn't have waited to figure this out until the morning of my first day back.  But that's me for you!  A procrastinator.  Well, the phone issue I've been working on for a few days, but the outlook issue came to my attention this morning.

The good news is that I practically have meetings all day!  No immediate need for email, at least that's what I'm going to tell myself.

The office set-up


Working girl is ready to go!



After I made sure my set-up was good to go I figured I'd have a few minutes to blog!  What I'm most excited about moving forward is that I'll have more structure and a better routine for each day.  I'm hoping to wake up, have coffee/breakfast, workout, shower, have some time in the Word, and then work!  Considering I start at 8am central time and I'm on eastern time, I have the entire morning before 9am to do things before I start work!  Additionally, I'm starting my virtual gig at 30 hrs/week which boils down to 6 hrs/day.  I'm done at 3pm every day!  Once I'm in a routine I'll also figure out the best time to prep dinner, likely after I'm done working. I think I'm going to dig this! 

I'll keep everyone posted on things - you know where to find me ; )

Mrs. Gretchen Niemann

0 comments:

Post a Comment