Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Welcome Tour - Grand Finale

Sorry I've been absent for almost a week!  There's been a lot going on over here...  I've started a new diet to help with the stomach issues that I've been having, we've nailed down plans for Christmas, and just plain-ole busyness!  I should probably finish up the tour that I started last week.  Could you believe that it takes four posts to get a tour of our apartment?  It's not that big for Pete's sake, but somehow I manage to drag this thing out!

If you're ready, we'll tackle the remaining zone of the apartment.  The Master bedroom!

Entry into King's Quarters/Closet


Clockwise from top left: (1) Right when you walk into our room, immediately in front of you is our closet.  You'll notice that my stuff, naturally, overpowers Jim's things.  I didn't mean to 'take over' the closet... He just doesn't have that much stuff!  Even if none of my items were in there, he would still take up the same amount of room... at least that's my argument ; ) It all looks so tidy in these pics! (2) In our 'master entryway' if you turn to the right you run into our 'master bath.'  If you remember from the guest room tour, the master bath is about half the size of the guest bath.  Oh well... it works just fine for us!  On the back of the door I keep my hats, scarves, belts, sunglasses, and even Jim's got a few things hooked on there. Barely. (3) Another view of our closet.  I was nervous we wouldn't be able to fit everything, but after adjusting a few times, and receiving our drawers, I was able to finagle everything in.  The order just brings me so much joy!

Lavatory

Left to right: (1) Our shower and toilet.  Everyone should know how those are used. (2) And our tiny sink area.  We had to improvise with a shower bar since we didn't have enough counter space (and ZERO drawers!) to hold any of our toiletries and necessities.  We do have a linen closet, but it's always much more convenient when things are right at hand.  Things do tend to tip over, but overall, it works great for us!

The Master


Clockwise from top: (1) Where we sleep.  I researched hours upon hours upon hours to find a comforter for our bed.  Seriously, no exaggeration, I searched for days upon days.  I even returned a comforter that I had sent while Jim was living here alone.  He didn't open the package so we were able to return it.  I'm obsessed with red, crimson to be exact, and when I saw this comforter at Macy's I was hooked.  The previous one was the closest I could find to red at the time, it was burnt orange.  I could have lived with it, but I would always know that there had to be better out there.  You'll notice two picture frames on the far side of the bed, Jim's side; those are pictures of me that Jim had while at TBS.  He didn't put them on the nightstand, I did : ) ... I just couldn't get rid of them!  Hopefully any time that I have to go out of town he appreciates the company of my mug. (2) Another view from our room.  This is what you see right outside our doorway. (3) Foot of our bed/dresser.  Before we received our dresser I had so many clothes stored under our bed!  I still find it luxurious that I don't have to get down on my hands and knees everyday to pull out the clothes I need.  I definitely appreciate this piece of furniture, I'll tell ya that!  Ok, so do you see that tiny TV on our dresser?  I've had that since freshman year of college!  It really only plays DVDs, and it's starting to not really do that either!  Every now and then it'll skip a bunch, but with time, or some old-school-nintendo-style blowing into the DVD player, I'm able to get it up and running again!

Well, I won't bore you with much more.  You've seen it all!  I'll try to post again either tomorrow, or within a few days to update everyone on my stomach issues/new eating plan.  It's interesting, but it seems to be going well so far!

Adios!

Mrs. Gretchen Niemann

0 comments:

Post a Comment