Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

What's This? Welcoming myself to the mystery of blogging.

Well hello there blogging universe!

I've got to say I've taken on more new things than I can likely handle.  Needless to say, we're going to figure this out together.  My name is Gretchen Siebert...  Oops! I mean Niemann : )  My married name is Gretchen Niemann [well, not legally since I haven't gotten around to the whole name change thing yet].  I was recently married [September 28, 2013 to be exact] and even more recently moved to North Carolina from the great state of Minnesota.

Me & my 'Hus-friend' [husband+best friend]


Things currently inside my comfort zone:
  • Showering
  • Navigating through Target
  • Checking my email, Facebook and Instagram accounts
  • Consuming H20
  • Opening and closing doors
  • Pretending to be a perfectionist
Things outside my comfort zone:
  • Not actually being a perfectionist
  • Planning weekly meals and executing the creation of said meals
  • Waking up at 6am to spend an hour with my husband [you'll also hear me refer to him as Jim] before he heads to work [he wakes up at 5am and then comes to get me at 6]
  • Living and navigating in an area that is completely unknown to me
  • Being away from friends and family and brainstorming how to make new friends here
  • Being married in general
  • Navigating through my local grocery store, the Food Lion [I kinda have an obsession with grocery stores and proper/efficient/sensible grocery store layouts]
  • Sharing a bedroom, closet and space with my husband
  • Sharing all of the above with a BOY
  • Opening and closing the windows in my apartment - it's very difficult for some reason
  • Blogging
  • Staying on top of laundry, dishes, cleaning, groceries, to do lists, and so on...
  • Being the wife of an officer in the USMC [he's a 2nd LT, first rung in the officer food chain, to be exact]
  • The process of changing my last name and my address on EVERYTHING [seriously, it seems like there are 100 things - or more - that I need to change my name and address on]
  • Watching my spending and considering my family as I choose what to purchase
  • There's got to be more on this list that I'm not thinking of
So 'they' say:


...Life happens at the end of your comfort zone; The magic happens outside of your comfort zone... You get the point.  This must mean that I'm really in for a treat!  There are so many things outside of my comfort zone, and, by default, are now embedded into my life.  There's going to be a lot of life and magic in store for me in the coming minutes, days, weeks, months - really the rest of my life!

Considering I'm on this new journey of firsts, seconds, and thirds that look like firsts; I figure why not document everything in a blog for a few people to glance at [maybe even read!]  I'm sure my many attempts at wife-dom will receive a lot of empathy, maybe a few laughs, and hopefully I can one day pass on some of my hard earned novice wisdom.  All of the blogging experts say that your blog needs to have a consistent format and a clear vision, theme, or area of expertise/specialty.  I can tell you right now that I don't have any of that. Where I'm coming from is a 'lost in the dark, figuring things out, having no clue what the heck I'm doing' place.  

So - now that I've made it sound scary - why don't you join me!

Over and out for now. Your new blogging friend,

Mrs. Gretchen Niemann

0 comments:

Post a Comment